Have fun with these conversation starters as you connect with your family by chatting it up with each other using these silly and serious questions!
Topic 1: Family
- Describe our family in one word.
- What is your favorite family memory?
- What is your most memorable family holiday?
- The official food of our family would be…
- If our family had a sponsorship with a company or organization, who would sponsor our family?
- Our family receives an all-expense-paid trip to anywhere for a week. But we must all agree on the location. Where do we go?
- Besides people or pets, what is our family’s most prized possession?
- If you could change one thing about our family, what would it be?
- If our family had to enter a talent competition, what talent gives our family the best chance to win?
- What is the BEST part of our family?
Topic 2: Would You Rather…
- Spend the night in a supposedly haunted house or camp out in a cemetery?
- Be stranded on an island with someone you can’t stand or be stranded by yourself?
- Pet a snake or pet a rat?
- Go without brushing your teeth or go without a shower for a month?
- Live with someone who doesn’t brush or someone who doesn’t shower?
- Read people’s minds or see into the future?
- Not be able to watch tv/play video games or go to bed at 6PM for a month?
- No wi-fi/cellular service or no pizza for the rest of your life?
- Have a family chef or a family housekeeper?
- Accidentally fart or burp loudly at a restaurant?
Topic 3: Which Is Better & Why?
- Cake or Pie?
- Water Park or Amusement Park?
- Waffles or Pancakes?
- Water, Sport/Energy Drink, or Soda?
- Family Game Night or Family Movie Night?
- Driving or Flying?
- Going to a lake or Going to the Ocean?
- Leftovers for Breakfast or Breakfast for Dinner?
- Read the Book or Watch the Movie?
- Shopping for Shoes or Shopping for Clothes?
Topic 4: All About Mom and Dad
- What kind of student were you in school?
- We have to make a fast getaway! Who do we want driving—Mom or Dad?
- New nicknames for Mom and Dad are…?
- What do you appreciate the most about Mom?
- What do you appreciate the most about Dad?
- Earliest memory of your mom?
- Earliest memory of your dad?
- When have your parent(s) totally embarrassed you?
- If you really want something, who do you go to, Mom or Dad?
- Funniest memory about Mom/Dad is…?
Topic 5: All About The Kids
- If your kids could go anywhere on vacation where would they want to go?
- What are your kid’s “superpowers?”
- When have your kids surprised you in a good way?
- What chores do your kids hate the most?
- What is one house rule your kids would want to change the most?
- Your kids have a couple of hours of free time, what do they do?
- What are your kids most afraid of?
- Name as many of your kids’ friends as you can.
- What are your kids’ “spirit animals?”
- What are your favorite moments with your kids?
Topic 6: Nothing But The Best
- You’ve ever felt?
- Team/group/club you’ve been a part of?
- Clothes you’ve ever worn?
- Song you’ve ever heard?
- Dance you’ve ever seen?
- Thing you’ve ever seen someone do for someone else?
- Gift you’ve ever received?
- Family vacation?
Topic 7: The Absolute Worst
What’s the worst…
- Job you could ever have?
- Movie you’ve ever seen?
- Song you’ve ever heard?
- Video game you’ve ever played?
- Grade you’ve ever gotten?
- Joke you’ve ever heard?
- Book you’ve ever read?
- Thing you’ve ever eaten?
- You’ve ever felt?
- Restaurant our family has eaten at?
Topic 8: Money
- You have only $50 and we’re going to Walmart. What will you buy?
- You have $1,000 to make the world a better place. What do you do with it?
- What is the most valuable thing you own?
- House is burning; you can only get one thing. What do you get?
- Name one thing important to you which money can’t buy?
- One thing you’ve bought that you wish you could take back and get a refund?
- Name one thing you would like to save money to buy?
- Name one thing you would like to save money to do?
- If you had to sell $100 worth of your belongings, what would you sell?
- You have only $1. What are you going to spend it on?
Topic 9: Wildcard
- Favorite season of the year? Why?
- Nicest thing you have ever done for someone?
- If you could be any animal for a day, what animal would be?
- Your dream job would be…?
- Why are french fries “French?”
- Would you rather run away from a bear through mud or swim away from a shark in maple syrup?
- Would you rather play catch with an egg or play frisbee with a frozen fish?
- Name a natural food that is blue. (Not “blueberries” or candy!) I know, right?!
- What time period would you like to have lived in—the wild west or medieval times?
- Win a championship in a team sport or an individual sport? What sport?
Topic 10: The Future
- One invention that needs to be invented? Be “uninvented?”
- Where would you go if the end of the world were coming?
- Zombie Apocalypse! What do you do?
- Will the world be a better or worse place in 20 years? Why?
- How will people travel in the year 2120?
- For each member of the family: Most Likely To ______? Why?
- What’s popular now that won’t be popular at all in 5 years?
- How will people communicate with someone they’re not face to face with in 20 years?
- In 30 years, where will you live? What will be your job? Will you have a family? What will you do for fun?
- Do you look toward the future more with worry or anticipation? Why?