Coming up with a great date night idea can be as easy as a flip of a coin! And sometimes, date night can be even better without a plan! All you need is a penny (or any coin) and your car. Check out the instructions below to see if you’re up for this unique, fun date night!
- Get dressed in something comfortable.
- Pack some snacks, a picnic, or dessert in the car to munch on while you’re driving and/or after you’ve arrived. (This step is optional!)
- Grab a coin and get in the car. (OR you can obviously walk if that’s more convenient for you!)
- Let your partner choose a number between 10 and 20. This will be the number of times you flip the coin.
- Before you turn out of the driveway, BEGIN by flipping the coin! If it lands on heads, turn RIGHT. If it’s on tails, turn LEFT!
- Every time you come to an intersection, flip the coin, and turn the corresponding direction.
- Once you get to the number your partner chose from Step 2, look around and start your date!
Take It A Little Deeper:
Once you’ve arrived at your destination, take some time to ask and answer these questions! (Each spouse should have a turn to answer.)
- Did the lack of planning scare you? Or stress you out? Why or why not?
- Is this a date that you’d want to do again? Why or why not?
- Do you have any fears or anticipations about what life may bring our way? If so, what are they?
- Is there anything I can do or say to help to ease those fears and provide some comfort for you?
- When you think about our future together, what excites you the most?