https://firstthings.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/pexels-olya-kobruseva-4541690-scaled-e1597069704975.jpg 244 449 Caroline Henry https://firstthings.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/ftf-logo-300x186.png Caroline Henry2020-08-10 10:28:382022-06-22 13:26:42DIY Date Night: I Totally Give A Flip
DIY Date Night: I Totally Give A Flip
By Caroline Henry
August 10, 2020
Coming up with a great date night idea can be as easy as a flip of a coin! And sometimes, date night can be even better without a plan! All you need is a penny (or any coin) and your car. Check out the instructions below to see if you’re up for this unique, fun date night!
- Get dressed in something comfortable.
- Pack some snacks, a picnic, or dessert in the car to munch on while you’re driving and/or after you’ve arrived. (This step is optional!)
- Grab a coin and get in the car. (OR you can obviously walk if that’s more convenient for you!)
- Let your partner choose a number between 10 and 20. This will be the number of times you flip the coin.
- Before you turn out of the driveway, BEGIN by flipping the coin! If it lands on heads, turn RIGHT. If it’s on tails, turn LEFT!
- Every time you come to an intersection, flip the coin, and turn the corresponding direction.
- Once you get to the number your partner chose from Step 2, look around and start your date!
Take It A Little Deeper:
Once you’ve arrived at your destination, take some time to ask and answer these questions! (Each spouse should have a turn to answer.)
- Did the lack of planning scare you? Or stress you out? Why or why not?
- Is this a date that you’d want to do again? Why or why not?
- Do you have any fears or anticipations about what life may bring our way? If so, what are they?
- Is there anything I can do or say to help to ease those fears and provide some comfort for you?
- When you think about our future together, what excites you the most?
Was This Helpful?
Did this blog give you the information you were looking for and give you tools to help improve your relationships?
Thoughts? Leave a Comment