In need of a date night but aren’t sure what to do? Skip the mediocre dinner and movie you’ll fall asleep watching and make some memories instead! What’s In The Bowl is a classic, hysterical game for people of all ages. It requires minimal preparation and supplies, and you and your spouse will have a blast doing it for a date night!
- A bowl
- A blindfold
- Headphones or earplugs (optional)
- Random household items
- Play a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who has to be blindfolded first.
- Whoever loses, put on the blindfold! For an extra challenge, put on headphones and listen to loud music or put in earplugs.
- Whoever won Rock, Paper, Scissors, you now get to choose something (or some things) to put in the bowl. Here are some examples to get the creativity goin’:
- Shaving cream and dried beans
- Mushed banana
- Aluminum foil covered in petroleum jelly
- Dried pasta in yogurt
- A band-aid covered in baby powder
- You get the idea…
- After the winner has their item(s) selected, place them in the bowl.
- The blindfolded person then has to guess what’s in the bowl!
- Once they guess correctly (or give up), switch roles.
- Go for a total of three rounds, so that each person guesses/chooses 3 times!
Here’s The Point:
Have you ever felt aluminum foil covered in petroleum jelly while you’re blindfolded? Yeah, this was probably a first for everyone. When we interact with something unfamiliar, our minds tend to try and find a spot for it. And sometimes, petroleum jelly might all of the sudden feel really, really gross and unfamiliar. But, when you take the blindfold off and see it for what it actually is, it all makes sense again!
The same thing happens in our relationships. If one person explains something or does something that doesn’t make sense to us, our minds will make assumptions and try and fit it into a familiarly shaped box. But if we don’t take off the blindfold of our own opinions and assumptions, we’ll never fully understand what they’re trying to communicate.
Take It To The Next Level:
Here are some questions you can ask each other to dig a little deeper and make your connection even stronger!
- In what ways have you seen me leave my “blindfold” on to the things you say/do?
- How can I help you remember to take your “blindfold” off?
- What’s one thing we can do regularly to make sure we’re on the same page?
Want to take date night up a notch?
DISCOVER A DEEPER LEVEL OF INTIMACY IN THE MIDST OF UNCERTAINTY WITH HOT LOVE.
This premium on-demand virtual date night guides you and your spouse to learn the secrets to growing deep intimacy. You’ll work together to learn…
- Tools to reframe your mindset
- Ways to discover and remove roadblocks to intimacy
- Strategies for turning up the temperature