Need a date night but aren’t sure what to do? Time For A Throwback is a great way to relive some of those awesome childhood moments while enjoying quality time with your spouse!
- All your favorites from childhood (Pick one age or pick one from each age!)
- Favorite food (Bring out all those boxes of mac n’ cheese!)
- A favorite dessert (We’re looking at you, pudding cups!)
- Favorite game or thing to do (Hopscotch totally counts!)
- Favorite TV show or movie
- BONUS POINTS:
- Favorite style to wear
- Favorite makeup/hairstyle
- Each spouse chooses 2 things from the list of favorites to bring for the date night. Bonus points if you dress up like you used to as well!
- Spend the evening talking about all your favorites from when you were young and why they were your favorite!
Why It Matters:
Sure, being an adult is great, and being mature has its place. But sometimes, it’s okay to be goofy, act like a kid again, and enjoy life’s simple pleasures (like coloring books and action figures)! Letting a little loose with your love is a great way to de-stress, enjoy some time together, and sit for a moment without pressing responsibilities or pressures. Plus, your spouse may learn a little more about you by the time the date night is over!
Take It A Little Deeper:
Here are some questions you can ask each other to dig a little deeper and make your connection even stronger!
- How have you seen my childhood affect how I am now? Has it affected our relationship?
- What are some ways we can build moments into our relationship that are free of responsibilities and pressures?
- How can I help you remember to loosen up a little bit sometimes?