Need a date night but aren’t sure what to do? Skip the mediocre dinner and movie you’ll fall asleep watching and make some memories instead with a DIY throwback date! Time For A Throwback is a great way to relive some of those awesome childhood moments while enjoying quality time with your spouse!
- All your favorites from childhood (Pick one age or pick one from each age!)
- Favorite food (Bring out all those boxes of mac n’ cheese!)
- A favorite dessert (We’re looking at you, pudding cups!)
- Favorite game or thing to do (Hopscotch totally counts!)
- Favorite TV show or movie
- BONUS POINTS:
- Favorite style to wear
- Favorite makeup/hairstyle
- Each spouse chooses 2 things from the list of favorites to bring for the date night. Bonus points if you dress up like you used to as well!
- Spend the evening talking about all your favorites from when you were young and why they were your favorite!
Why It Matters:
Sure, being an adult is great, and being mature has its place. But sometimes, it’s okay to be goofy, act like a kid again, and enjoy life’s simple pleasures (like coloring books and action figures)! Letting a little loose with your love is a great way to de-stress, enjoy some time together, and sit for a moment without pressing responsibilities or pressures. Plus, your spouse may learn a little more about you by the time the date night is over!
Take It A Little Deeper:
Here are some questions you can ask each other to dig a little deeper and make your connection even stronger!
- How have you seen my childhood affect how I am now? Has it affected our relationship?
- What are some ways we can build moments into our relationship that are free of responsibilities and pressures?
- How can I help you remember to loosen up a little bit sometimes?
Want to take date night up a notch?
DISCOVER A DEEPER LEVEL OF INTIMACY IN THE MIDST OF UNCERTAINTY WITH HOT LOVE.
This premium on demand virtual date night guides you and your spouse to learn the secrets to growing deep intimacy. You’ll work together to learn…
- Tools to reframe your mindset
- Ways to discover and remove roadblocks to intimacy
- Strategies for turning up the temperature