This 4th of July is one for the books, no doubt. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a date night with your honey! If you’re stuck in your hometown without your annual fireworks display, check out this DIY date night to set off some fireworks of your own (if you know what we mean)!
- Fingerpaint (red and blue preferred!)
- 2 Super Soakers or water blasters
- White/light colored shirts (bathing suit underneath is a good idea!)
- A large open space (back yard, park, etc.)
- Sun glasses or goggles (optional)
- A picnic & blanket (optional)
- Paper towels (optional)
- Head to your back yard or a local park with all your supplies. (Be wearing your light=colored shirt!)
- Carefully pour a small amount of fingerpaint into each Super Soaker. Red in one and blue in the other.
- Pour some water into the Super Soaker and shake until well combined.
- Keep adding water/fingerpaint until the mixture is runny enough to come out but colored enough to see.
- Stand back to back, each with a Super Soaker, and count down from 3.
- Then… It’s on! Have a water fight with your honey!
- When one person has had enough, or your soakers are out of water, enjoy a picnic together!
Want more DIY date night ideas? Check out them all here!
Want to take date night up a notch?
DISCOVER A DEEPER LEVEL OF INTIMACY IN THE MIDST OF UNCERTAINTY WITH HOT LOVE.
This premium on demand virtual date night guides you and your spouse to learn the secrets to growing deep intimacy. You’ll work together to learn…
- Tools to reframe your mindset
- Ways to discover and remove roadblocks to intimacy
- Strategies for turning up the temperature