https://firstthings.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/annika-palmari-vwyOt1GaALE-unsplash-scaled-e1605707287300.jpg 292 600 Caroline Henry https://firstthings.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/ftf-logo-300x186.png Caroline Henry2020-11-18 08:48:262020-11-18 11:51:11DIY Date Night: The Gratitude Capsule
DIY Date Night: The Gratitude Capsule
By Caroline Henry
November 18, 2020
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, gratitude is on many of our minds. Normally the first things we list when being thankful are the roof over our heads, the clothes on our back, or the food on the table. But what does gratitude look like in relationships? This date night will help you find out! It’s all about showing your honey how grateful you are for them, and helping you realize it, too!
- 1 jar of some sort (Glass or porcelain jar works best!)
- 2 full sheets of paper, each a different color
- 2 pens
- Scissors (optional)
- Decorations for your jar (optional)
- DIY decor
- Each person takes one sheet of paper.
- Either cut or tear the paper into 10 different pieces.
- Now, without showing your partner, write down 10 reasons why you are grateful for them and/or your relationship. (Use the questions below to spark a little creativity if you get stuck!)
- PRO TIP: Start each one with “I’m thankful for…” or “I’m grateful you…” to keep things on the right track.
- When both of you are done, put the lid on the jar and decorate it if you would like.
- Place the jar in a prominent place in your house.
- Over the next 20 days, take turns pulling out one of the papers and read why you’re thankful for each other!
- When you run out of slips of paper, have another date night and make more!
Questions to Help Spark Creativity:
- What’s your favorite thing your partner does for you?
- What’s your favorite memory of your relationship?
- What is the best thing that has happened to you because of your relationship?
- What’s one way your partner balances you well?
- What first made you fall in love with your partner?
Turn this date night into a marriage challenge with our FREE Marriage Guide: 30 Days of Gratitude and Love! Download it here.
Was This Helpful?
Did this blog give you the information you were looking for and give you tools to help improve your relationships?
Thoughts? Leave a Comment