Welcome to the new year! Now that you’re getting back on track after the holidays, it’s definitely time for a date night. And why not plan some future date nights while you’re at it? During this date night, you and your honey will come up with a couple’s bucket list (that doubles as a memories notebook!) for the year. Here’s how to get started…
- 2 Pens
- A notebook
- Two pieces of brainstorming paper
- A timer
- First, take a moment and talk through the set of questions below. This will get your mind thinking about some great bucket list ideas for your notebook!
- Once all the questions have been answered, set a timer for 5 minutes. Each of you grab one of the pieces of brainstorming paper.
- When the timer starts, write down 10 things you want to do this year with your partner.
- Then, when the timer goes off, come up with 10-20 more things together to add to the lists. (Use the list below if you need some ideas!)
- Now here comes the awesome part… Transfer all of your bucket list into the notebook, but only put 1-2 on each page with a big gap between them.
- Under each bucket list idea, write out these prompts:
- Date Accomplished:
- Rating on a Scale of 1-10:
- What we loved:
- What we didn’t love:
- Best memory from this:
- Now, for each bucket list item you complete, fill out the prompts. You’ll have a whole memory journal by the end of the year!
Questions to Get Started:
- What was your favorite thing we did together last year?
- Was there anything you wish we could have done last year?
- What’s been your favorite thing we’ve ever done together?
- I get most excited with you when we…
- When was the last time you got butterflies because of me?
- How can we bring more new dates/experiences/things into our relationship this year?
- Would you rather spend a day together outside or inside? Do something creative or active? Spontaneous or planned out?
- What are you most looking forward to with me this year?
Example Bucket List Items for When You Get Stuck:
- Go to a park or a downtown area and do a photoshoot of each other
- See the sunrise together
- Get googly eyes and put them on random objects/signs in a public place
- Go on an all-day hike
- Try a new restaurant in the next town over
- Go to a city we’ve never been to
- Choose each other’s meals when out to eat
- Buy a two-person board game we’ve never heard of and play it
- Bake a difficult pastry recipe together (croissant, macarons, baklava, etc.)
- Pretend you’re tourists in your own town
- Go to a coffee shop and ask the barista to make you their favorite drink
Looking for more DIY date night ideas? Check out our library of creative, simple date nights here!