https://firstthings.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/AdobeStock_307377307-e1616682641738.jpeg 373 900 Caroline Henry https://firstthings.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/ftf-logo-300x186.png Caroline Henry2021-03-25 10:30:532021-03-25 15:14:41DIY Date Night | Rain, Rain, Stay All Day!
DIY Date Night | Rain, Rain, Stay All Day!
By Caroline Henry
March 25, 2021
Rain got your date night plans ruined? We beg to differ! Next time a spring shower pops up, pull out this date night and have some fun together. It’s all about getting creative and using those storms for the good of your relationship (kinda like in life)!
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolor paint (chalk would work if it’s just drizzling!)
- Two watercolor brushes
- A cup of water to clean out the brushes
Next time the rain has your date night plans cancelled…
- Grab a couple of pieces of watercolor paper and your spouse!
- Be sure to set up your paint station with a cup of water and plenty of paper towels.
- Spend some time painting your masterpieces – the more abstract the better!
- Note: To get the best results, clean your brush between each color you use!
- Give them 5-10 minutes to dry. In the meantime, check out the questions below to pass the time!
- Once they’re about halfway dry, now comes the fun part! Take them outside into the rain. It’s up to you whether you let them get just a few sprinkles or totally drenched. You can lay it flat to dry for a unique texture/pattern, or hang it upright to get some cool dripping effects throughout your painting!
- If you didn’t finish the questions below, do that now to keep the date night going!
- Once they’re totally dry, hang them on the fridge to show off to anyone and everyone! These masterpieces deserve it!
Questions To Ask While They’re Drying:
- Do you like being creative together? If yes, in what ways? If no, why not?
- What would you say is the best date we’ve ever been on? What made it so great?
- Do you think we’re good at encouraging each other through life’s storms?
- What would you say has been the hardest/biggest storm we’ve weathered together? (Literal or figurative)
- What’s one thing we can do to learn how to use the storms of life to better our relationship instead of tearing us apart?
- In what ways have we seen the flowers bloom because of the “spring showers” we’ve been through?
- Would you say I do a good job of encouraging you? What’s one thing I can do to be a better encourager?
Want more DIY Date Nights? Check out all of our date ideas here!
Was This Helpful?
Did this blog give you the information you were looking for and give you tools to help improve your relationships?
Thoughts? Leave a Comment