Getting bored of your typical takeout and a night in? Check out this date night, a spin on that classic COVID evening. This date night will get you safely out of the house, enjoying each other’s company, and growing deeper with every moment. And all you need is a car (and even that’s optional) and a bandana!
- A car
- A blindfold/bandana
- Both partners pick three menu items from a favorite restaurant. Don’t tell your honey! (If you need to order ahead from this restaurant, do so before you leave and do a curbside pickup order) [NOTE: Want to spend the full night in? Order delivery instead!]
- Pick one person to drive first. The other person gets in the car blindfolded!
- Go and pick up your food! Then drive to a different location so your spouse can’t see where the food is from. (Pro-tip, bring a blanket along to cover the food so they can’t see the bags/branding!)
- Now, switch roles and pick up the other order!
- Once both orders are picked up (and neither spouse knows where the other person went), you can finish this date night either in the car or back at home.
- One spouse, put the blindfold back on.
- The non-blindfolded person then has to feed their partner the three menu items! Keep the blindfold on until they’ve guessed what they’re eating.
- Switch roles again!
- Once you’ve both guessed all three correctly, put the blindfold down and answer the questions below to take the date night deeper.
Questions To Take It Deeper:
- On a scale of 1-10, how well would you say I know you?
- What’s one thing I can do to be a better listener?
- How can I better express my feelings and emotions to you?
- How have you seen me change since the first time we met?
- What would you say is my biggest strength and weakness?
- Would you say you’re more in love with me now than when we first got together?
- What can we regularly do together to help grow our relationship?
- How have you seen our relationship change since we first got together?
- What’s one thing I might not know about you? (Think abstract & get creative! Fears, weird thoughts, childhood memories, etc.)
- If you and I could go anywhere in the world together for a month (all expenses paid) where would you want to go?
- What’s one thing you’ve missed a lot because of the pandemic?
- How can we keep each other accountable to adapting to our ever-changing world?