DIY Date Night | Christmas Crafting
‘Tis the season! Buuuut… Sometimes season might not seem quite as merry as you wish it was. Whether you’re hesitant to even start the process of decorating the house or you’re trying to keep your Christmas cheer on a budget this year, this date night will check all the boxes you need to get you in the spirit! The goal is to get in the mood for a great date night, some Christmas crafting, and making decorations out of things you either already have or can pick up at your next grocery run. Let’s get started!
This date night totally depends on how much you love to craft and how creative you want to be! You can either come up with something on your own, or use one of the ideas below to get you started. Be sure to take a look at the list of conversation starters for this date night!
Ideas to Get You Started:
- Use an empty toilet paper, paper towel, or wrapping paper roll. Cut it into ½ inch strips. Using glue and some gold or silver paint, make star ornaments for your tree!
- Grab some ribbon, go on a walk outside and find pine cones, and use little trinkets you have around your house to decorate a wreath.
- Get a white candle, some ribbon, a black and an orange sharpie, a button, and some glue and turn that candle into a snowman!
- Make a “snow” garland with cotton balls and fishing line.
- Use a tomato cage (upside down and ends tied to make a cone shape), garland, and lights to make mini Christmas trees.
- Put ping pong balls on top of Christmas lights to give them an upgrade.
- Make your fridge or your front door look like a snowman with some black and orange construction paper, and some fabric for a scarf!
- Make a cone out of cardboard or poster board. Wrap twine or colored string around it so it’s totally covering it. Paint glue evenly all over the twine. Once it’s dry, separate the paper from the twine and you’ll have a little tree!
- Combine ½ cup hair conditioner (white) and 3 cups baking soda to make fake snow.
Conversation Starters While You’re On Your Christmas Crafting Date Night:
- What’s your favorite Christmas tradition?
- What’s the best memory you have about Christmas?
- If you were served a 3 course meal tonight, what would you want each course to be?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- Favorite and least favorite Christmas songs?
- Is there an overrated Christmas side dish?
- What’s your favorite Christmas movie?
- What’s one food that you would (or do) hide from me during the holidays?
- Finish this thought, “It wouldn’t be Christmas without _____.”
- Do you have a favorite ornament? What is it and why?
- Are there any traditions you want to start this year?
To see a list of all our DIY date nights, click here!
Image from Unsplash.com
Thoughts? Leave a Comment