Merry Christmas and happy holidays from all of us at First Things First! We hope that this year gives you the opportunity for your family to get to know each other better. And what better way to get started than with Christmas questions?
Here are some great Christmas questions to help your family connect and grow together during this season.
- What is a new family Christmas tradition you would like to start?
- What smell reminds you of Christmas?
- What is the single most meaningful Christmas gift you’ve ever received, and why was it so special?
- If time and money were not a concern, how would you decorate the outside of your home?
- Candy canes, of course, are the traditional candy of Christmas. If you could have your way, what would be the official candy of Christmas?
- You have a beautiful 50-foot pine tree in your front yard that you are allowed to decorate with only one color of lights. Which color would you choose?
- What is your favorite family memory from this past year?
- Of course, red and green are the traditional colors of Christmas. What two other colors do you think could— or should —become the standard for the season?
- At Christmastime, which do you honestly enjoy more— giving or receiving?
- What is the first Christmas you can remember? What do you remember about it?
- Do you have any ethnic or family traditions that you honor during the Christmas season?
- What holiday food do you enjoy the most?
- Which event or aspect of the Christmas season do you look forward to most of all?
- If snow could fall in any flavor, what flavor would you choose?
- What has been your most memorable Christmas?
- If you could Christmas shop-until-you-drop at any one store or website, which would yo choose?
- What is one thing your family does together during the holidays that you enjoy the most?
- If you could indulge in only one type of cookie this holiday season, which cookie would you be eating a lot of?
- If you could invite any famous person to your house for Christmas dinner, whom would you invite?
- What would be the ideal way for you to spend Christmas Eve?
- On a scale of one to ten (with one being very relaxing and ten being very stressful), how stressful is the holiday season for you?
- What brought you joy this year?
- If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
- What is something from the past year that you are truly thankful for?
- What is your favorite Christmas movie?
BONUS: Family Christmas Questions Challenge! How many words can you make from the letters in Christmas? (Example: Stir.)
The holiday season can get hectic and pull your family in all different directions. Try to stay connected and enjoy each other during the holidays. Give each other the gift of growing, meaningful relationships.
- Conversation Starters for Kids and Parents
- 100 Conversation Starters to Increase Family Connectedness