DIY Date Night | Let’s Get To A Resolution
New Year’s Day is just around the corner! Now before you make that list of working out more, eating better, and getting more sleep… Have you thought about adding some resolutions for your relationship? This date night will walk you through it!
- Dry erase markers (optional)
- Smartphone or 2021 calendar (optional)
We all know what the average list of resolutions looks like. Work out 5x a week, eat a salad every day, read a certain number of books, get 8 hours of sleep each night… The list goes on. But when it comes to resolutions for your relationship, it might look a little different! Both lists have to do with keeping your physical, mental, and emotional health in shape. Well, these resolutions aren’t much different! Instead, they’re keeping your relational health in shape. So grab that pen and paper, sit by the fireplace or snuggle under some blankets and write out a list of at least 12 resolutions for your relationship you want to accomplish this year.
Don’t know where to start? Here are some ideas to help:
- Kiss each other good morning, goodbye, and goodnight every day.
- When conflict gets heated, set a timer for 10 minutes to cool off, then come back to resolve it.
- Go on 3 date nights per month.
- Instead of sitting on the couch with our phones, we’ll put the phones down and have a conversation.
- Do something new together once a month.
- Call each other once during the workday to check in.
- Have our friends over once a month.
- Have 10 minutes every day with no distractions to talk about our days, our thoughts, our feelings, etc.
- Say “thank you” at least once a day.
- Speak our assumptions out loud.
- Do something active together at least 3 times a month.
Take It Up A Level:
Want to make it a little more interesting? Grab that dry erase marker, pick one of your resolutions, and write it on your bathroom mirror. It will be a daily reminder for you both to put the resolution in practice! Then set a reminder on your phone (or write it out on your calendar) to update the resolution on your mirror on the first day of every month next year. By the end of the year, you’ll have formed 12 great habits for your relationship!
Want more ideas for at-home date nights? Check out our huge list of unique, fully planned date nights here!
Thoughts? Leave a Comment