top trending topics
tips & tricks for growth
DADS! Do you do these 10 things?
We live in a society that often downplays and minimizes the role that fathers play in the lives of their children. Mothers are often viewed as a child’s “primary caregiver” and dads are relegated to the sidelines. Sadly, many mothers reinforce this idea in a number of ways, and sadder still, many fathers go right along with it. Not good.
This idea flies in the face of what all the current science and research says about the importance of fathers from a child’s birth onward. Dads matter. In fact, they often provide things that mom can’t provide.
There are 10 specific things that every dad can do to guide his child to be a successful adult. Check out what they are in our FREE E-book 👇
conversation starters for kids and parents
There is so much opportunity to have fun conversations with your kids if you start with the right questions. We have learned from experience not to ask questions with one-word answers. Open-ended questions are where it’s at.
Here are Some of Our Favorite Conversation Starters for Kids and Parents:
For check-ins and deeper conversations:
- What is the most fascinating thing you learned today?
- What is your favorite part about today?
- Who did you eat lunch with? Or play on the playground with?
- What is the oddest thing you did today?
- What’s a new experience you had this week?
- What is something you have recently done that you are proud of?
For mealtime or drivetime:
- If you could only eat one fruit for the rest of your life, which would you pick and why?
- Would you rather live in an igloo or a treehouse?
- Would you rather be able to walk on the moon or breathe underwater?
- What’s something new you’d like to try this year?
- What’s your favorite memory of the last year?
- If you could go back in time and change your name, what would you choose?
- What do you think the clouds feel like?
- What’s your favorite color in the rainbow?
- What’s the best thing about being the exact age you are right now?
- If you were deep-sea diving, which creatures would you like to see?
- What’s your favorite thing to do when it’s raining?
- If you could fly, where would you go?
- If you had one superpower, what would it be?
- Who would you like to get a letter from?
- What do you most wonder about the future?
- If you could hang out with anyone in history, who would it be? And what would you do?
Remember, these conversation starters can help you lay the foundation for the more challenging conversations that are coming. If your kids can rely on you to answer the crazy questions, they’ll be more willing to ask the challenging ones. Have fun and be ready to laugh a lot!