top trending topics
tips & tricks for growth
put a stop to those unwanted convos without hurting relationships
Picture this: You’re having an EXHAUSTING conversation with extended family. Maybe it’s that aunt you only see once a year who always wants to peck at your relationship status, career choices, or even bring up the political topics…
There seems to be no easy or natural escape route, but you’ve got to get away for your own sanity. You know that stopping the conversation can hurt the relationship. What do you do?
You may want to stop the conversation for several reasons:
- The topic is too controversial, and it’s not worth potentially fracturing the relationship. (Religion, politics, social justice, morality, parenting, etc.)
- It’s gotten too personal. (Unresolved issues, things you don’t want to share, topics you disagree on regarding how you live your life, and so on.)
- It’s simply time to move on. You have other commitments or people to talk to.
- The conversation feels like gossip.
- Your history with this person leads you to believe that this convo won’t end well.
- You don’t feel equipped to talk about the topic.
I’m sure you can come up with all kinds of reasons you’d want or need to stop a conversation. These tips are sure to help you get through convos this season!
find your contentment in 2022
While being happy and content in the new year may seem to be elusive sometimes, many people believe it will come to them through some external means like finding the right job, the right spouse or making a certain amount of money.
Research suggests that happiness does not come from someplace or someone else. Those things or people might contribute to a person’s happiness, but true happiness comes from within. And this is still true when it comes to being content in the new year!
As you think about being content in the new year ahead, perhaps you are considering some changes in order to be a happier person.
Here are a few things to think about as we head into the new year:
Love and accept yourself for who you are.
Be accountable for your actions.
Stop trying to change others.
Determine your priorities and live by them.
Start with abundance in your life.