Whether you’re together or apart this year, these holiday conversation starters are sure to spark some joy and help you get to know each other better.
Now go get your party started!
- In your opinion, what would the ultimate winter wonderland look like?
- What is your favorite Christmas scent?
- What is the single most meaningful Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
- If time were not a concern and you had plenty of money, how would you decorate the outside of your home?
- Candy canes, of course, are the traditional candy of Christmas. If you could have your way, what would be the official candy of Christmas?
- You have a beautiful 50-foot pine tree in your front yard that you are allowed to decorate with only one color of lights. Which color would you choose?
- Of course, red and green are the traditional colors of Christmas. What two other colors do you think could—or should—become the standard for the season?
- At Christmastime, which do you honestly enjoy more—giving or receiving?
- What is the first Christmas you can remember? What do you remember about it?
- Do you have any ethnic traditions that you honor during the Christmas season?
- In your opinion, what word(s) would best complete the following phrase: “‘Tis the season to be …”?
- What holiday food do you enjoy the most?
- Which event or aspect of the Christmas season do you look forward to most of all?
- If snow could fall in any flavor, what flavor would you choose?
- What makes a Christmas gift really special to you?
- If you could Christmas shop until you drop in any one store, which store would you choose?
- What do you typically do the day after Christmas?
- If you could indulge in only one type of cookie this holiday season, which cookie would you be eating a lot of?
- If you could invite any famous person to your house for Christmas dinner, whom would you ask?
- No other time of the year affords such a great opportunity to enjoy good food and drink. In your opinion, what is the best taste the Christmas season has to offer?
- What would be the ideal way for you to spend Christmas Eve?
- On a scale of one to ten (with one being very relaxing and ten being very stressful), how stressful is the holiday season for you?
- What brought you joy this year?
- If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
- What is your favorite Christmas movie?